Conduct a holistic review of Council’s current Civil Construction/Management processes including people and culture and provide practical guidance and written recommendations including any improvement opportunities.
Focus areas included:
- Review of capital and maintenance job identification at a works level.
- Works design, scope, implementation, project management, reporting and ASCON including associated budget controls and use of technology.
- Reactive vs Planned works.
- Treatment methodologies compared to related industry (rural council) best practices.
- Use or lack of use of local materials and quarry sources e.g. red (pea) gravel sources.
- Identification and understanding of levels of service and their implementation.
- Utilisation of internal staff, contractors and preferred suppliers.
- Workforce people and culture – including position responsibilities, training, improvement and opportunities.
- Supervisor understanding of asset management principles and their role in the process.