Stabilisation of 14 km of the existing road pavement, top-up overlay, 2 coat seal, major culvert and floodway construction, batter stabilisation (shot-crete) and traffic control services.
- Major floodway construction including temporary road diversion implementation
- Construction of concrete batters to erosive road batters
- Service identification and relocation
- Mechanical mixing of in-situ material
- Pavement cartage and installation in accordance to MRTS specifications
- Bulk earthworks – including deep road cuts (4.5 m) and establishment of new drainage channels
- Traffic Management - the adoption of an all-embracing Traffic Management Plan ensured that the safety of motorists and
our project team - a constant priority.
- Extensive engagement with major transport groups and local landowners to maximise awareness of potential
delays among regular road users.
- Complex traffic management planning to ensure optimum work crew efficiency
- Tight construction programme
- Water supply and spoil disposal coordination
Utilising significant past project experience, Durack Civil's management team developed a number of innovative construction staging solutions that drastically improved work crew optimisation, increasing construction productivities and subsequently reduced client time based overheads.